Creating An Estate Plan Based On Your Needs
Developing a proper estate plan is critical when it comes to protecting your last wishes, but knowing how to create one is difficult without the help of an experienced estate planning attorney. Estate planning is more than creating a will. Thankfully, you can get the help you need to create a plan that is tailored to your unique needs.
I am Abagail M. Nouska, a Minnesota estate planning attorney with more than 15 years of experience helping families throughout Cloquet prepare for tomorrow. At my office of Abagail M. Nouska, Attorney at Law, P.L.L.C., I take the time to learn about the individual needs of each of my clients so I can help them develop an estate plan that will account for all of their needs.
What Your Estate Plan Should Include
While every estate plan is unique, I can work with you to determine what is necessary to protect your assets and wishes in your estate plan. Common components of an estate plan include:
- Wills to transfer your property to beneficiaries upon your passing
- Trusts to establish the transfer of assets and finances, while being able to control how and when the assets distribute while also minimizing taxes in the process
- Appointing a trusted person to act as a guardian for your children or vulnerable adults after your passing
- Creating a health care directive to specify your medical preferences, like what operations you approve of and how long you want to remain on life support, for when you are not able to act on your own behalf due to illness or injury
- Appoint a power of attorney who can act on your behalf when you cannot
My goal as your legal representation is to not only create an estate plan for you, but do so in a way that reduces any opportunity to contest your plan.
Make Your Voice Heard In Your Estate Plan
Everyone can benefit from an estate plan, regardless of income. Whether you already have a plan in place and it has been some time since you updated it, or you need to create an estate plan, now is the best time to reach out to me. Call me at 218-394-7428 or email me here to schedule your initial consultation today.